Sunday, April 13, 2008

Self-medicating

Danielle got her first fat lip today, courtesy of, um, Danielle. She was racing along the driveway as usual, then tripped over her adorable little feet and face-planted into the cement. Ouch.

Mary said there was "blood everywhere", and a nasty little piece of skin flap hanging down from where baby girl's bottom teeth had torn into her upper lip.

Mary called me while I was jogging listening to a podcast on my iPhone (which is also an iPod, thank goodness for the double-duty). I hauled butt through the neighborhood back to the house, probably breaking many land speed records and triggering a small sonic boom in my wake (yeah, right), only to find Danielle happy in Mommy's arms up on the porch.

Turns out it looked a lot worse than it was. We put some ice on the boo-boo, and pretty soon, Little Miss Thang was taking charge of that, too.


(I won't tell Mommy than Danielle fell off the two-step baby slide the day before. That'll be our little secret. Wait... doh!)

No comments: